Do you ever simply take the time to reflect over your morning coffee, on the ride to a game or practice, with yourself, your son or daughter, your teammates, players, coaches or other parents while watching your sons and daughters playing baseball or softball on why you actually like being a part of it all?
🔑 – Here’s an image for you to have to remind you to regularly take the time to reflect on all the reasons why this game of baseball or softball means what it does to you.
Everybody has their own personal reasons and that’s what’s so very cool about being a part of these sports. We live in such a fast paced, rat race, stats and results driven world, that more times than not we end up never really being able to simply just enjoy our journey. This is why we want you to first learn to take the time to reflect regularly what it is about baseball or softball that drives you to keep wanting to be a part of these opportunities as a player, parent or coach. You’ll be surprised to find out that by doing this regularly that it will also lead you to start reflecting on the many other things in your life.
I know most of the reasons why Braydon and Nolan like having baseball in their lives because we talk about it regularly, but there’s probably even more reasons that they have and want to keep to themselves and that’s completely ok. For me personally, I don’t like this game of baseball, I LOVE IT!
When I reflect on why I love baseball, my answers change every time it seems because there’s so many different memories and feelings.
- the rush of adrenaline from just running onto the diamond for a game or practice
- lacing up my cleats
- the smell and feel of putting on my glove
- spring training
- the memories of home runs hit
- the feel of a brand new baseball as I took the mound too start a game
- car ride conversations and sing a longs during tournament month (which was June & July for us)
- playing World Series with my friends in the backyard growing up
- going to ball games with my wife
- the dog days of summer
- being able to coach Nolan and Braydon growing up
- being able to host the Baseball Evolution Podcast with Nolan and Braydon
- being able to play and coach in France
- meeting and networking with tremendous influencers in this game
- the list and reasons go on and on and they never fail to excite me or make me remember that I actually LOVE BASEBALL.
This is my Reflection to remind me to simply slow down and enjoy my opportunity to be involved in a variety of ways in this game of baseball. Like the saying goes, “Life is Good”.
🔑 – We all get one chance at baseball or softball and in life, so let’s not screw it up for others around us by rushing through it, being miserable, not actually engaging with each and sharing what baseball or softball mean to us personally!